Each year, the Society holds a Spring Fling around Easter-time, celebrating the arrival of Spring and hopefully better weather! As well as teas, coffees and fantastic home-baking, there are activities, workshops, art and craft stalls and a competition.
All are welcome to come – we hope to see you there.
Volunteers to provide home-baking, or to help set up or take down, are always especially welcome!
Spring Fling 2017
The 2017 Spring Fling will take place on Saturday, 25th March in Queens Park Parish Church Hall at Langside Halls, 5 Langside Avenue, Glasgow G41 2QR from 11.30 to 15.00. More information about the event is on the blog.
After the success of our first baking competition last year, we are again running the Bungo Bake-Off, with an assortment for wonderful prizes for adults and children. And if you don’t like the idea of baking, just come along and eat cake!
Bungo Bake-Off Guidelines
Note: these guidelines apply to all those who enter the Bake-Off. They have changed from last year, so do please read them carefully.
Bake-Off instructions & timings:
- Bakers from the Southside of Glasgow are invited to submit a cake or a plate of cakes that they have made from scratch to the theme of ‘Spring’.
- Fee to enter the Bake-Off is £2 per cake or plate of cakes to be paid in cash when submitting entry. This fee also covers entry into the Spring Fling event.
- Bakers can submit any number of entries (each will incur a £2 entry fee).
- All those entering the Bungo Bake-Off are expected to be amateur bakers and not selling/promoting cakes as a business or secondary activity.
- All cakes must be delivered on Saturday March 25th to The Large Hall, Langside Hall between 10.30 a.m. and 11.00 a.m to be signed in by a Spring Fling helper who will give you a receipt and a Spring Fling ticket.
- Any cakes arriving after 11.00 cannot be entered into the judging. No other arrangements can be made for cakes to be entered.
- The judging – led by a professional cake expert – will take place between 11.15 and 12.00. Judges’ decisions are final.
- Winners will be announced at the event, and all entries are then available for viewing. Winners are required to make themselves available for any media interest and coverage that may arise from this event.
- All bakers are invited to collect their cakes from the Hall from 1.00 onwards unless you wish to donate your cakes to be sold at the Spring Fling’s Tea Room in aid of the Strathbungo Society. Please say when you submit your cake for the Bake Off if you will donate or collect your entry.